Drowning prevention is a high priority in our province. The Manitoba Coalition for Safer Waters, its affiliated member organizations together with the Province of Manitoba are making grants available to community organizations who want to help reduce drownings by improving water safety in their communities.
What types of activities will be considered?
A wide range of water safety activities as identified by the communities would be considered for the grant. Some ideas are:
- Swimming lessons for children
- Improving signage at beaches and waterfronts
- Training for swim instructors and lifeguards
- Increased supervision of young people near water
- Offering boat operator training courses
- Constructing safety barriers at hazardous waterfronts
How much money is available?
Communities can receive a one-time grant for up to two thousand five hundred ($2,500.00) dollars. A grant “hold back” equal to 10% of the grant approved is applied to help ensure communities submit a final report upon completion of their project.
For more information and to apply…
Click here for the application form. Closing Date: Friday, October 27, 2017.