Drowning prevention is a high priority in our province. The Manitoba Coalition for Safer Waters, its affiliated member organizations together with the Province of Manitoba are making grants available to community organizations who want to help reduce drownings by improving water safety in their communities.
A wide range of water safety activities as identified by the communities would be considered for the grant. Some ideas are:
- Swimming lessons for children
- Improving signage at beaches and waterfronts
- Training for swim instructors and lifeguards
- Increased supervision of young people near water
- Offering boat operator training courses
- Constructing safety barriers at hazardous waterfronts
If your application is successful, your community/organization will receive 70% of the funds up-front. You will receive the remaining 30% once the project has been completed and the Coalition receives a concluding activity report (see information in the application package). It is anticipated that funds for successful applicants will be distributed starting in January 2021.
For more information, please see the application package below.
Closing Date: Friday, October 30, 2020.