Community Water Safety Grants

safetygrants

Drowning prevention is a high priority in our province. The Manitoba Coalition for Safer Waters, its affiliated member organizations together with the Province of Manitoba are making grants available to community organizations who want to help reduce drownings by improving water safety in their communities.

A wide range of water safety activities as identified by the communities would be considered for the grant. Some ideas are:

  • Swimming lessons for children
  • Improving signage at beaches and waterfronts
  • Training for swim instructors and lifeguards
  • Increased supervision of young people near water
  • Offering boat operator training courses
  • Constructing safety barriers at hazardous waterfronts

If your application is successful, your community/organization will receive 70% of the funds up-front. You will receive the remaining 30% once the project has been completed and the Coalition receives a concluding activity report (see information in the application package).

The application period for the 2021 Community Water Safety Grants is now closed. For more information on the process, you may consult the application packages below. It is anticipated that the application period for 2022 Community Water Safety Grants will open in August/September 2021.

MCSW Grant Application 2021

MCSW Grant Application 2021 – Form Fillable

Closing Date: Application Period Closed


Reporting: Final Report Form – Grants (.docx format)